Lizeth Laime

Actioneers of EVPP 480

"I want to learn to be more sustainable and influence others."

Points Total

  • 0 Today
  • 0 This Week
  • 531 Total

Participant Impact

  • up to
    16
    pounds of CO2
    have been saved
  • up to
    14
    meatless or vegan meals
    consumed
  • up to
    420
    minutes
    spent outdoors
  • up to
    28
    plastic bottles
    not sent to the landfill
  • up to
    5
    miles
    traveled by foot
  • up to
    28
    zero-waste meals
    consumed

Lizeth's Actions

Food

Zero-Waste Cooking

I will cook 4 meal(s) with zero waste each day this week.

Completed
One-Time Action

Food

Reduce Animal Products

I will enjoy 1 meatless meal(s) and/or 1 vegan meal(s) each day this week.

Completed
One-Time Action

Food

Choose Organic Ingredients

I will enjoy 1 meal(s) cooked with organic ingredients each day this week.

Uncompleted
One-Time Action

Transportation

Locally-Sourced Meals

I will source 3 meal(s) from local producers each day this week.

Uncompleted
One-Time Action

Consumption and Economy

Buy Only What I Need

I will not buy anything except items required for health and safety.

Completed
One-Time Action

Water

Mulch the Base of Trees and Plants

I will prevent water runoff and increase absorbency.

Completed
One-Time Action

Ecological Principles

Practice Gratitude for Earth

This week, I will spend 60 minute(s) each day outside, practicing gratitude (prayer, meditation, journaling, etc.) for Earth and the nature surrounding me.

Completed
One-Time Action

Water

Use Reusable Bottles

I will use a reusable bottle and stop purchasing bottled water, saving 4 disposable plastic bottle(s) each day this week.

Completed
One-Time Action

Transportation

Walk Instead

I will walk 5 mile(s) each day this week instead of driving and avoid sending up to 16.23 lbs of CO2 into Earth's atmosphere.

Completed
One-Time Action

A Call to Sustainability

Pay Attention to Current Events

I will watch or read the news each day this week with a specific focus on sustainability issues and happenings.

Completed
One-Time Action

Water

Say No to Plastic

Plastic bags and small plastic pieces like straws are most likely to get swept into our waterways. This week, I'll say "no" to plastic bags at the store and plastic straws in all of my drinks.

Completed
One-Time Action

Consumption and Economy

Track my Purchases

I will maintain a record of all my purchases.

Completed
One-Time Action

Feed


  • Lizeth Laime 6/21/2018 5:59 AM
    Since the beginning of the course, I strived toward being more sustainable. The water challenge for reducing plastic was the most impactful. My family was used to plastic bottles for the longest time. Throughout this challenge, we were able to cut down bottled water use in my household by 70%. The other 30% is because we still had water bottles in case we have guests and because my father was still relying on bottled water for convenience. There is a separate bin for recycling in my house and that it did not get filled up as quickly anymore. I did a cost analyses with my family on house much we would be saving if we switched purely to filtered water in reusable bottles. My family does not use straws regularly, so that was easiest to cut.