Sustainablemason green leaf finalgreengold 240w
January 2 - December 31, 2018

Actioneers of EVPP 480

George Mason University

We are an innovative and inclusive academic community committed to creating a more just, free, and prosperous world.

Points Total

  • 0 Today
  • 0 This Week
  • 29,713 Total

Team Impact

  • up to
    154
    miles
    travelled by carpool
  • up to
    287
    locally sourced meals
    consumed
  • up to
    595
    plastic bottles
    not sent to the landfill
  • up to
    91
    hours
    volunteered
  • up to
    4
    public officials or leaders
    contacted
  • up to
    243
    conversations
    with people
  • up to
    32
    people
    helped
  • up to
    85
    petitions
    signed
  • up to
    70
    documentaries
    watched
  • up to
    6,300
    minutes
    spent outdoors
  • up to
    574
    pounds of CO2
    have been saved
  • up to
    38
    miles
    travelled by foot
  • up to
    6
    miles
    travelled by bike
  • up to
    46
    neighbors
    met
  • up to
    357
    whole food meals
    consumed
  • up to
    54,072
    gallons of water
    have been saved
  • up to
    1,274
    meatless or vegan meals
    consumed
  • up to
    420
    zero-waste meals
    consumed
  • up to
    118
    miles
    travelled by bus

Team Feed

Recent updates from this team
  • June 21 at 5:59 AM
    Since the beginning of the course, I strived toward being more sustainable. The water challenge for reducing plastic was the most impactful. My family was used to plastic bottles for the longest time. Throughout this challenge, we were able to cut down bottled water use in my household by 70%. The other 30% is because we still had water bottles...
  • May 28 at 5:25 PM
    I checked the box for "started a sustainability journal" because although I do not have a journal exclusively dedicated to sustainability, the regular journal that I write in so often in is filled with my concerns about sustainability. For instance, today I wrote about my intent to eat less animal products through approaches like...
  • May 11 at 8:42 AM
    I have always had a passion for the organic food movement and I am doing my best to inform and encourage students and community members the benefits of eating organic.
  • May 11 at 8:34 AM
    This semester I learned a lot about the benefits of eating less meat and was encouraged by my class mates to go vegan. I did not end up going vegan or even vegetarian, but I have definitely reduced the animal products I eat in general. 
  • May 11 at 8:23 AM
    Practicing acts of gratitude is something I already do for myself everyday. I started to thank the earth for everything it gives me. The things that are easily over looked but essential for life, like clean water.
  • May 11 at 8:16 AM
    I started keeping track on the American prisoners Iran is currently holding and their families efforts to get them back home. It was really sad seeing how much effort was being put in by families and activist, but getting these innocent people back home will ultimately require governmental action. 

48 Team Members

Recently active team members

Competitions

Challenger Members Points Challenged Members Points  
No competitions have been accepted yet.
Check back soon!